Monday, July 11, 2011

Dug Out


Scot dug this one out of digital closet last night, got some duster and gave this one a spray. I've always really liked this track, it's sci-fi-moshperic, like the start of a short film set in the oh so distant future of the west Texas desert at day break... yeah. This is actually constructed from the parts of another track of ours. I like to think of it as a reprise. Instead of using glitch style plug ins, or beat repeats, Scot does an awesome job of using micro-edits in this one. A note on the track image. It's a lofi combo! The interference pattern is a multi-long exposure I made with my Holga of traveling blinds shadows late late in the day. I actually really like it for some reason. It reminds me of a visual representation of a warm fuzzy 'wall' of electric sound. The positive letter space was taken with my Harinezumi. I actually really like this design. The inverse of the above image is the track image for the SoundCloud track below.
-Ben


Dug Out by Bluffs

No comments:

Post a Comment